Love Is the Killer App | Tim Sanders

Summary of: Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
By: Tim Sanders

Introduction

In an ever-changing professional landscape, one may wonder what qualities will lead to success. Tim Sanders’ book, ‘Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends,’ explores an unconventional approach to winning in the workplace – love. Clarifying that love, in this context, refers to offering your knowledge, network, and compassion, the book highlights the power of these intangible qualities in securing business opportunities. By transforming the aggressive language of the past, being a ‘lovecat’ can grant you exceptional personal branding, the ability to create memorable experiences, attention, trust, exceptional feedback, and personal satisfaction. The following summary takes you through the steps to cultivate these qualities and excel in your professional life.

Love in Business

The job market is changing, and a flashy degree no longer guarantees a successful career. In today’s economy, people are paid according to their knowledge and network, which is why love is the new killer app for success. Love in business means offering knowledge, network, and compassion. Lovecats have already adopted these essential intangible qualities, including Cisco, who measure success by their customer relationships instead of dominating over competitors. In tomorrow’s workplace, love in business will be the key to success.

The Power of Being a Lovecat

In a world where standing out is key, being a lovecat can provide six essential benefits for both products and people. Firstly, it helps you build a trustworthy and exceptional brand, setting you apart from the crowd. Secondly, it allows you to create an experience that resonates with customers or peers, leading to loyalty and interest. Thirdly, it gains you rare and valuable attention. Fourthly, it emanates the power of positive presumption, making it easier to influence and make changes. Fifthly, it leads to exceptional feedback and support from the people you do business with. Finally, being a lovecat can bring personal satisfaction, leading to a happier and more fulfilling work life. Becoming a lovecat is essential for success in today’s job market.

The Power of Knowledge

In order to advance your career, it’s important to avoid being the person who wastes time with fake laughs and small talk. Instead, become the knowledgeable person in the room by reading books and sharing what you’ve learned. Only 20% of your learning time should be dedicated to articles and magazines, with the remaining 80% dedicated to books that challenge your perspective. Identify the best books for your chosen field and make valuable contributions by sharing your knowledge in meetings. By becoming the knowledgeable person, you will gain a career edge and propel yourself forward.

Find Your Reading Sweet Spot

The quest to gather knowledge starts with identifying your preferred reading environment and following three simple steps. The key to maximizing your reading experience is to find a comfortable place, like a park or train, where you can encode, process, and apply new information. Encoding involves actively reading and taking notes while immersing yourself in the text. Processing requires going over important sections and reviewing them regularly. Finally, application involves sharing your newly gained knowledge at work and identifying moments to add value to conversations. By following these steps, you can become a master of learning, capable of providing helpful insights to colleagues and friends alike. So next time you’re waiting for a flight, put down the phone and pick up a book – it could transform your life forever!

Networking for Success

In a world where professionals often feel lonely and disconnected from others, building intimate connections with fellow business people can be beneficial. Business people can overcome their fear of rejection by seeking out new investors, partners, and employees. By expanding their network, they can gain more opportunities and recommendations from friends. Even though there is a chance of encountering ungrateful people, the cost of sharing your network is nothing compared to the potential benefits it can bring. Therefore, it’s time to start sharing some business love.

Want to read the full book summary?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed